Friday, November 1, 2013

Little victories (RANT)

Can I just rant real quick about how hard it is to find pants that ACTUALLY fit me?

Okay. So I'm about 5'4'', right? (5'3'' and 3/4 to be exact, I'm pretty damn proud of my 3/4 inch baby (; ) For as long as I remember, my family has always shopped at Khol's.

(Quick side note. I fucking hate Khol's. Khol's is equivalent to Satan. Shopping there for pants or shorts makes me want to die three times more than usual simply because in that store ONLY do I wear sizes 5-9. Seriously. Size 3 is my actual size in every other store. Not sure what's up with that...anyway...)

So yeah, my family has always shopped at Khol's because we aren't upscale, and we don't have a TON of money. So, until recently, I had never bought pants from anywhere else. Since I am 5'4'', all the pants I have ever owned are about 4-6 inches longer than I am. So that leaves me with one question:

WHY. Seriously. WHY. I CANNOT be the ONLY chica who is 5'4'' and looking for pants. REALLY?! Really?! I own TWO pairs of pants that I can't step on. TWO. And one was bought today (at the wonderful Rue 21, for your information, which is THE best store in the entire world.) I just...You know, is this what I have to do? Do I have to spend HOURS looking for pants that actually fit me?? Why can't they just stock them in regular places? More importantly, WHY CAN'T KHOL'S FIX THEIR SIZES AND ALSO THEIR PANT LENGTHS?!

It just frustrates me because I'm extremely neurotic and I don't like going into typical teenage stores to buy my jeans because I feel like everyone is wondering why the fat girl is shopping in their store. So Khol's is pretty safe for me. Despite how suicidal that enterprise makes me, Khol's is nice. Khol's is familiar. But Khol's do not have my sizes nor my lengths.

So my options are to wear my pants as SOCKS AS WELL AS JEANS or to spend my entire day looking for (and having anxiety attacks over) places that sell SHORT PANTS.

asdfghjkdflvfoflgkvodflzgkodlkfl That upsets me. :(

Also, as a side note, I think Khol's clothes are VERY cute. I just cannot stand purchasing pants. Siiiiigh.

But I suppose that I should focus on the fact that I am now the PROUD owner of size 3s that end at my feet! (Okay, so maybe I'm not really proud of the fact that they are a size 3... but considering that up until then I thought I wore 5-9s... (FUCKING KHOL'S) I think maybe I have a lot to be happy about today...) All my time paid off today I suppose (:

Love you :D
-Lee

1 comment:

  1. This drives me insane as well. 5' 4" is like average hide for ladies I think, right?? Why the heck are trousers so long? I'm 5' 1", I've been cutting the bottoms off of trousers for as long as I can remember. Even the ones marked "short" are usually too long. :/

    ReplyDelete