Tuesday, July 1, 2014

My babies

I am so terrified that I will pass my food issues on to my kids.

Listen. I was born to be a mother. I literally love my kids so much and they aren't even a conceivable thought yet. I want seven. I named all seven. I literally have a Pintrest board of things I will do with my children when I have them. I am, above all else, a mother. Some people don't even know what they're going to do when they're seventeen, but I already know. I'm gonna be the best damn mother. Oh, and probably a high school English teacher. Which was a decision fueled by a deep desire to spend summers with my children and also by a love of high school kids and books. So it goes.

Anyway, I know for sure that my kids will have everything they will ever need. Except I'm so freaking terrified. I know that when you're pregnant, the baby gets all the nutrients they need first, before your body does. But how much nutrients can they really get when I'm eating 500 calories a day? Will I be able to eat more for the sake of my child? God, I'd like to think so. I'll do my fucking best, that's for damn sure. How many breakdowns will that cause, I wonder?

But pregnancy is only the beginning. What happens when my kids want chocolate? I can't just go running out of the house screaming every time they put "unsafe" foods in their mouths. But it's not like I can just fear-feed them, you know? I also can't raise them as a psycho health food mom because the minute they get out of the house, they'll revel in eating everything that is "forbidden" and then they'll end up obese. Not that I won't love them, regardless of how big or small they turn out to be, but the fact of the matter is that being obese is extremely unhealthy. I don't know. I'm so scared. Kids need three meals a day plus snacks. I can't even...how do people eat three meals a day, I don't understand and this is making me hysterical.

I have to stop now.

-Lee <3

2 comments:

  1. I think as long as you teach your kids how to be healthy, that is the best you can do for them. I grew up with food issues (anorexia/bulimia) because my parents stressed how important it was to "look good", whereas now I have a younger sister who is much much younger & they teach her to eat healthy, eat apples with peanut butter, or celery with fat free ranch instead of chips, eat 20 calorie popsicles instead of ice cream, etc.
    & teach them that exercise is good, go out and play in the yard, take them for walks starting at ayoung age, and don't do it because they need to be "skinny" or youre scared they'll be "obese" just tell them it's healthy and it will make them feel good to be healthy. As for yourself, you need to do whatever is best for YOU. Make yourself truly happy in whatever you're doing.

    Well that was a spiel! Do you have kids already? Or is this a future worry?
    I just started blogging on here & am searching for weight loss friends to stay in touch with, hope we can talk more! Keep posting, I'm going to follow as I've loved reading so far!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kay!
      This is a future worry, as I'm only seventeen! But having kids has always been a part of my plans for the future. I think all of your advice is really good and SO helpful, I just worry that I'll get a little too caught up in my own food issues and become a crazy mom. The last thing I want is for my kids to have an unhealthy relationship with food. I am currently reading through your blog, too and I LOVE it!
      <3 Lee

      Delete