Saturday, May 31, 2014

Restaurant Guilt

My mom and I were supposed to leave for Idaho tomorrow to look at a college there and then continue onto Montana, to look at more colleges.

Instead, we left this afternoon and therefore, I am without a scale for a week.

This morning I woke up at 126.6

Anyway, I swore to myself that this trip would be all salads and water. And I was doing alright. We stopped at Wendy's for lunch and I got the Caesar salad without chicken. But then for dinner we went to a diner and literally everything there was fried. I could eat nothing healthy there. I almost had a panic attack as I was looking at the menu. And I wasn't gonna have a thing, I really wasn't. But the people who were working there were so nice. Which leads me to the reason behind the title of this post.

Restaurant guilt. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? When you walk in somewhere and the people are just so pleasant to you that you feel like you have to eat the food, as a way of showing them that you appreciate their niceties.

And don't even get me started on not finishing the food. I always always ALWAYS get a box, even if I know I won't eat it the next day. They spent all that time making me food and I just feel so ungrateful for only eating a few bites and then making them throw it away. I have to at least make the people think that I loved it so much that I took it to eat later on.

So, now I can basically feel the fat sinking into my thighs, and I know I have to be more strict as the trip goes on.

Sigh.

Love y'all
-Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment