Friday, January 23, 2015

30 days

I don't really have a lot to say, weight wise, so I thought maybe I'd start this 30 letters in 30 days thing that I saw and keep it up until I got bored with it.



Day 1: Your best friend.
Day 2: Someone you secretly think is cute.
Day 3: Your parents.
Day 4: A sibling. (Or relative if you’re an only child.)
Day 5: Your dreams.
Day 6: A stranger.
Day 7: Your ex.
Day 8: Your favorite internet friend.
Day 9: Someone you wish you could meet.
Day 10: Someone you don’t talk to as much as you’d like to.
Day 11: Someone who died.
Day 12: The person who has caused you the most pain in your life.
Day 13: Someone you wish would forgive you.
Day 14: Someone you have drifted away from.
Day 15: The person you miss the most.
Day 16: Someone that doesn’t live in your state/country.
Day 17: Someone from your childhood.
Day 18: The person that you wish you could be.
Day 19: Someone that pesters your mind (good or bad.)
Day 20: The person that broke your heart the hardest.
Day 21: Someone you judged by first impression.
Day 22: Someone you want to give a second chance to.
Day 23: Someone who makes you laugh really hard.
Day 24: The person that gave you your favorite memory.
Day 25: A person you know is going through hard times.
Day 26: The last person you made a pinky promise to.
Day 27: The friendliest person you only knew for a day.
Day 28: Someone that changed your life.
Day 29: The person that you want to tell everything to.
Day 30: Your reflection in the mirror.


 Dear best friend,
I don't know what happened to us. I look at you, sitting beside me in Psych class, or across the lunch table and I barely recognize you. I used to tell you everything that was going on in my life, and now we're basically strangers. I get that we don't really have a lot of time to hang out anymore, and we don't walk home together, and you're in trouble academically so you spend your off period trying to graduate, but sometimes I wish that you'd make an effort. When we talk, it's strained and it's like we barely know each other, when it's been six years. You've been right by my side for so much of my ups and downs and now I don't know what to do. I want so badly to tell you about my relationship and my goals and my life in general, but I can't. I love you so completely, and I'm always going to be here for you, I just don't really know how to fix us, or even if we can be fixed. I guess growing apart is the worst way to end a friendship, because it's not like we're arguing and can talk it out. It's just something that's happening to us that is neither one of our faults. I miss you, though. I know you're going to be so successful and you'll have a wonderful life with a partner and that little Asian baby you want so badly. I wish you all the best, and hopefully we cross paths again in the future.
I love you,
Lee

Fuck. Maybe this isn't a great idea.


4 comments:

  1. this looks absolutely adorable.

    aw, honey, i'm sorry about what had happened. I truly am, and you know what? this means you get to make a new best friend. someone that stays for just a little bit longer when you need them to <3

    breathe in, kitten. things will be okay.

    but I understand the sadness when it comes to a loss of what once was a very good friend. it's sad to see someone changing.

    I also hope that somehow I cross paths with people I once knew. I hope that they're happy as I want them to be.

    comment reply:

    yes! Fage in the US. I've seen it before. Thor kitten (Tempest) has confirmed this, and I've seen lots of girls post it on instagram and they are from the US as well. <3

    "Forget my ass looking nice, if I could write even 1/10 as well as you, I may just be content." do you flatter me so with words that are softer than silk and sweeter than honey? ///yes, I was grinning when I wrote that///

    symmetrical things are the best. today, I was just getting myself some quail eggs, and there are rows, of which each has 3 tiny eggs. I took 2 as planned, but then kept on coming back, annoyed, and took 3. I love odd numbers, that's one and number two, it just looks weird!!!

    "Can we talk about that cake, because oh. my. fuck. Sex on a plate. I will never ever look that good, I swear." I don't think that Scarlett Johansson could look as good as that cake. :3 but maybe you could. hmm. ;)

    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this idea . A lot of them would be really hard, like #13, but I think it's a good journal prompt. I used to write open letters anonymously on a mental health forum I used to be part of, I think it did really help with some things.

    I'm sorry to hear you and your best friend have drifted apart. It sucks. It really does. I know it hurts when you start to grow apart. Fortunately, unlike having a fight, you two are still able to keep in contact. I think you two will keep your friendship, even if you talk and see each other a little less often, even if you're not a close as you were.

    Take care <3
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This letter is both so sad and so familiar in the same time... When I was reading it I was thinking about all the people I once cared about more than myself, and now we're just awkwardly talk in front of others, without anything left from the special connection that had been somewhere between us. It's really wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how sad! I don't think I could do this for 30 days, or even one day, I'd cry too much :(

    ReplyDelete