Monday, January 5, 2015

Today was a good day...

I did not weigh myself this morning. Instead, I got up, got dressed, straightened my hair, put on mascara and too-tight pants (sigh) and headed out the door. I didn't have to scrape my car as it didn't snow like it was expected to, and I should have known right then that today was going to be a good day.
I have never in my life had a new class at the start of second semester. When I sign up for my classes, I NEVER take semester courses. Coming in as a new student halfway through the year terrifies me, even though logically I know that the entire class is new, it's not just me. Today, though, I started a new class. Luckily, my boyfriend and one of my friends from a year or two ago were both in that class and the teacher is fabulous.The absolute only downside is this project we have to do about ourselves. I'm stuck. As I told my boyfriend "I'm not a person! I don't have anything that makes up who I am!" So that turned out well.
Then in second period, this girl who I hate was supposed to transfer in, and I didn't see her at all!
I enjoyed math (my worst subject) and got a really sincere compliment from my ex friend B. I almost cried at how nice and unexpected it was. Then I rode to lunch in Daniel's car (which I love doing because he drives like a maniac!) I spotted my favorite teacher in the commons, and waved her down, so she came and sat with us for awhile. She told my friend K "You are so classy. Lee...not so much. She's too much like me." I laughed so hard and decided to take that as a compliment.
J stopped by and I've always had a rocky relationship with him but I got a small hug and a funny conversation out of it.
Then it was off to my assistantship! (The teacher I was an assistant for last year was Ms. G and this year it's Ms. F) Ms. G dropped in just before her class started and asked Ms. F if I was her new assistant. Ms. F confirmed this and Ms. G said "You are so lucky! She's wonderful!" to which Ms. F said "She's my angel!" I was stunned. I take pride in being a hard worker, and that kind of praise was just amazing to hear.
Then I let my boyfriend walk me out to my car, where we spent a good thirty minutes making out and talking about our day before I made him go to class.

All in all, it was an amazing day and I can't help but think that maybe it was because I didn't have a chance to utterly destroy myself with the knowledge of my weight. I don't know. Whenever I eat anything, I have the urge to throw it up. I've never purged in my life, and I don't want to start, I just feel as though my body is working against me, crying out for me to get rid of it all.

I think that maybe the reason recovery isn't exactly working for me is because I'm an all or nothing person. Whenever I decide to throw myself into recovery, I always push myself to eat great amounts of food. And then my stomach hurts, and then I feel horrid about myself, and then I feel like I can't do recovery and then I have to prove to myself that I can by eating a terrible amount of food again, and it all just repeats in this endless cycle of fat and disappointment.

I think maybe I don't have to push myself so hard. I think that maybe I can slow down and do recovery in little bitty steps at a time. Maybe giving into my disorder now and then is okay, because then I won't have the urge to throw myself head first back into restriction and weight loss. I don't know. I'm rambling. I'm sorry.

@Christie: I'm so sorry that my blog is so difficult! Haha, maybe I'll think about changing it, I just don't want this to be seen by someone it shouldn't be, you know? I know I really need to work on sticking with things, but its so hard! Hopefully next year's New Years will be much better for us, and finds us in a much better place.

I hope everyone is doing okay!
<3 Lee

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the horror of too tight pants. don't they really ruin your mood? damn.
    I remember you! your name...something that relates to Slytherins and Skittles. that or i'm just not fit to write comments before 1PM. perhaps, it's both?
    of course, you do. little quirks about you.
    when I think of this girl, I think of the way that she takes her selfies. or the colours that she likes. or what kind of animals she likes. I think of the stuffed animal she sleeps with, or the fact that she has this tendency of putting herself down when she eats too much. there is also the fact that she is so liberal with taking pictures of her body. I remember that about her.
    you are an angel, dear. ;) <3
    *sighs* i'm glad you're not starting. you can ask anyone who's ever purged and i'd guarantee majority would say they wished they never started. including me.
    break the cycle by breaking your thought process. that's all I have to say OR allow yourself to eat large amounts of food, and naturally, you will taper off it because it wouldn't be so special to eat anymore *kisses*

    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  3. the glycerol-3-phosphate & glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate was a real joke. don't worry, dear. I just wanted to exercise my knowledge and sound like a douche for a min ;)
    it's not science. it's biochemistry. biochemistry --> memorise all these things, and then tell them to me. that's what it is. seriously.
    awwww you're adorable.
    I love the pictures with the hilarious captions. they tell so much.

    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete